Desperate for Old-Fashioned Horse Sense
Rep John Conyers (MI-14) introduced H.R. 503 on January 14, 2009. The legislation will prohibit certain conduct relating to the use of horses for human consumption. In other words, it will be illegal for people to transport horses to Mexico and Canada for slaughter.
Few Illinois legislators have co-sponsored this bill even though De Kalb was home to one of two horse slaughtering facilities in the country:
- Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4] - 01/14/2009
- Rep Kirk, Mark Steven [IL-10] - 01/14/2009
- Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-09] - 01/14/2009
- Try buffalo. It is healthier than beef and indigenous to the continent.
- Contact a member of the Illinois Congressional Delegation. Let the person know that sponsoring H.R. 503 is good old fashioned horse sense.
Labels: HR 503