Fundraising Events for Joe McMenamin
It is that time of the year again. The end of another fundraising quarter, and Joe McMenamin, the Democratic candidate for IL-19, has fundraisers scheduled.
Sources say that Sangamon and Madison counties are interested and have endorsed him early. This is only the beginning. Having a Sangamon County candidate should engage the party and encourage the local swing voters since Republican gerrymandering has split Springfield so that it does not have its own Congressman.
Joe hopes to challenge Rep. John Shimkus (R-Collinsville) on November 04, 2008. There are plenty of reasons why Joe is the better person for IL-19. The dubious distinguished Republican incumbent congressman
- gave Illinois the Mark Foley scandal and does not care about it,
- does not know the difference between baseball and a war,
- believes that selling public land for $5 an acre is a good thing for the people,
- convinced his Commander Guy friend to reduce restrictions on mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants,
- sends young Illinois men and women to war without ever having living through the experience himself,
- pretends Social-Darwinism is a good thing,
- accuses senior citizens of causing the deficit,
- does not like children and animals,
- is a genuine hypocrite, and
- is nothing more than a garden-variety Party hack pretending to be his own man.
Contact Joe or access his ActBlue webpage with your donation today!